I think VS 2008 will fail to build FLTK on multiproc machines due to
Microsoft's default to try to start several builds in parallel.

I find that to get FLTK to build successfully in the Microsoft IDE,
I have to set the parallel builds to '1', eg:

        Go into Tools -> Options -> Project Solutions -> Build and Run
        ..and set "maximum number of parallel project builds" to 1.

By default, with parallel builds, the VS build log shows little numbers and a
caret
before each line of log output, ie:

        1> stuff
        2> other stuff..

..whereas when the parallel builds is set to '1', the normal output
appears in the log, and the build runs smoothly/normally.

Can anyone else confirm, and should we add this to the docs, or maybe
the build files for MS can automatically disable parallel builds?

I know next to nothing about the MS IDE, and am the last person that
wants to learn more about it.. but this seems to be the latest 'gotchya'
with MS builds.

I'm guessing there might be something wrong with our dependencies that
is causing parallel builds not to work right, e.g. the apps try to build
before the lib has been completely built. Or maybe it's a buggy IDE..