Matt:
> I think we should not support CP1252 at all. An illegal UTF-8 sequence
> should generate the "illegal" character which in some cases is a box
> shaped character or a question mark.

That is certainly a clear and unambiguous position, especially if it
is documented in big letters for everyone to see.

BUT... will this be acceptable for Windows users when they cut and
paste "valid" text from another application into their FLTK app?
I bet that most people will never have even considered whether they
are using CP1252 or not, and so will be very surprised when their
text changes.

Maybe this could be the basis of the next Poll question...

Cheers
D.