On 29.05.2010, at 18:40, Greg Ercolano wrote:
> Cross-posting this from fltk.bugs:
>
> From: Csaba Biegl
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 06:02:00 -0700
> Subject: fltk-1.3.x-r7626 breaks image drawing on X
>
> Csaba Biegl wrote:
>> Simple test: create a window in Fluid, add a single image (PNG, JPEG,
>> etc, does not matter which one), then drag an other window over the
>> Fluid preview window. Enjoy the fireworks! fltk-1.3.x-r7626 under
>> Windows does not have the problem. fltk-1.3.x-r7613 under X (Linux)
>> does not have the problem.
>
>       Confirmed with the latest 1.3.x svn (7626) on Ubuntu 8.04 + gdm.
>
>       Looks like redraws aren't being triggered.

I couldn't replicate this in my Ubuntu VM (virtual machine) under
Windows, but this is probably because Windows is "hiding" it somehow.
I'll try to verify it with a native Linux machine later...

BTW: Csaba's patch in fltk.bugs looks plausible. This corrects a bug
introduced with Manolo's recent commits.

>       Although I can't replicate the same behavior with the test/image
>       program, something's wrong with that test program too; the image
>       comes up tinted yellow on my machine, whereas the older 1.3.x releases
>       did not.

The yellow color is due to one of Manolo's test statements that slipped
into the production version by merging the first Fl_Device (Fl_Printer)
branch. That's completely unrelated and shouldn't bother us.

$ grep -in yellow image.cxx
127:  b.color(FL_YELLOW);

Albrecht