On 13 Jun 2010, at 9:02, Domingo Alvarez Duarte wrote:

> I have an apllication that has a menubar and it works fine on
> windows but
> on linux the menubar drawing is noticeable slow.
>
> It's easy to see the problem open fluid and navigate the menubar with
> keyboard and even with the mouse you can see the menus drawinf slowly.

Hi mingodad,

You don't say what linux, and specifically which desktop/window-
manager combination.

However, if I were to guess, then I would say that you are using some
gnome/compiz based combination, maybe under ubuntu.

In which case, the problem is that we are not setting the X11 window
hints the way compiz likes and it is rendering our menu  widgets
using the wrong style, and applying a deliberate slow animation.

And yes, it is a nuisance.

Albrecht and others have a patch that fixes this, but I do not think
it is applied in svn yet...

Or maybe you are seeing some other effect? In which case - more
details might help...