On 14.06.2010, at 10:02, MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK) wrote:

[Domingo wrote:]
>> If the patch that you mention is the one bellow it's not on
>> fltk 1.3-svn,
>> it was before.

To Domingo: big thanks for finding this! It's a regression, and
I only checked when it was added to svn...

> Just checked Fl_x.cxx and, as Domingo said, it appears *not* to be in
> the current svn tree.
>
> This seems odd, as I thought it had been applied, as did Albrecht...

Yes, sure, it *was* in svn: r 7459 - your commit, Ian, BTW.

> Albrecht - can you take a look? Maybe I am missing something obvious,
> but it looks as if this change has been backed out at some point; maybe
> it was lost when the Fl_Printer tree was merged in?

Not when it was merged in the first place, but when Manolo changed
the device hierarchy in r7617. Unfortunately this is not the only
regression in this file, and there are others we know of (e.g. with
image drawing: meanwhile fixed again), and maybe more that we don't
know yet.

> Thoughts?

Technically spoken, Manolo didn't merge the changes in his branch as
it should have been done, but obviously copied over the files from
his modified Fl_Printer branch. We've discussed (parts of) this via
PM, and Manolo wrote that he would check systematically for egressions,
but I don't know what happened meanwhile.

That's all *really* *bad*, and we need to fix that...

And we need a documentation how to "branch and merge" correctly with
subversion (although it is described in the svn book). Mike wrote a
few small scripts that make it easy if everybody uses them. I intend
to write an article about that, but don't know when I'll find the time
to do it :-(

Albrecht