On 20.06.2011, at 18:11, MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK) wrote:

>> I'm frequently updating the makedepend files in the fltk 1.3 branch,
>> but yes, they should be updated and committed in fltk 3 branch as
>> well. I do suspect, however, that running make depend after make
>> clean wouldn't work, since this would remove the fluid-generated
>> files, and one of them is: preferences.h, tada! ;-).
>
> OK, but... The file at issue is not preferences.h (the test) but in fact
> ../fltk3/Preferences.h (the fltk3 header file of a similar name!)

Yes, that's exactly right.

BTW: I included preferences.cxx/.h because FLTK3 Fluid at the moment would
write a mishmashed FLTK3 cxx/h pair. In an effort to generate the FLTK3
FileChooser UI from the .fl file, I forgot that an FLTK1 .fl file should still
generate FLTK1 code, and an F3 .fl file should generate F3 code. Optionally, an
F1 .fl file should be saved (exported) as an F3 .fl file, which will of course
fail for user generated code.

But I will get to that when everything else works.

 - Matthias