On 21.06.2011, at 11:07, MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK) wrote:

>> BTW: I included preferences.cxx/.h because FLTK3 Fluid at the
>> moment would write a mishmashed FLTK3 cxx/h pair. In an
>> effort to generate the FLTK3 FileChooser UI from the .fl
>> file, I forgot that an FLTK1 .fl file should still generate
>> FLTK1 code, and an F3 .fl file should generate F3 code.
>> Optionally, an F1 .fl file should be saved (exported) as an
>> F3 .fl file, which will of course fail for user generated code.
>
> Oh, that's a point - it had not occurred to me that we will need a
> "super-fluid" that can create fltk1 and/or fltk3 (or even fltk2) source
> as its output.
>
> That's quite tricky.

Yes. Currently, Fluid is the FLTK 1 version with a few modifications to output
FLTK 3 code. Quite a while ago, I already added code to read FLTK 2 Fluid
files, which I can now extend to read all three formats. The formats are quite
similar though.

> How do we even represent that? Does the fluid file specify what
> output-style it should be, or does the user click a check-box when
> generating the code, or...?

The second line of every Fluid file contains the version of the Fluid app that
generated it. So when reading, I can branch out accordingly. This is also the
clue for writing. I already committed some minor additions to set the file
format version.

>> But I will get to that when everything else works.
>
> Indeed...

A welcome distraction while I am stuck getting test1/colbrowser to compile ;-)

 - Matthias