Hmm, I think I lean the other way.

What we learn from the ongoing trickle of posts from users asking about
fltk2 is that the users see a number, and think that bigger is better.

So we *should* number our releases, and (in future) try to ensure that
biggest is the latest and most current...

So fltk3 for me, then fltk4, fltkX....

That said, can we move the branches around in svn so that fltk2 is not
head, but is in a branch, then we can put fltk-1.x or fltk3 or whatever
as head, moving forwards?

        > > Side note: I don't like the "fltk3" naming convention
anyway.

        > > Some day in the future we will have fltk4 and fltk5, maybe -
my
        > > favourite naming would be that the newest and best FLTK
version would
        > > always be "fltk", but I know that this would conflict with
FLTK2
        > > compatibility, and so we *had* to choose "fltk3" for now.
:-(

        > Sigh. Yes. Let's just assume for now that the jump from FLTK3
to FLTK4 will be so huge, that we will later be glad we did it this way
:*)

        I have to say I agree with Albrecht; it's probably best that the
most up-to-date (or current-heavy-development?) version has the FLTK
tag, and the older versions take the FLTK<version_number> tag.
        I'm happy to convert all the fltk2 stuff to the "fltk2" naming
convention to make this easier for you. I'm also happy to wear all the
flak from the current set of 2.0 users over this change (if it's
something you'd prefer for fltk3)!
        If we do decide to give 3.0 the "fltk" tag and fltk2 the "fltk2"
tag, we can always just invoke the fact that 2.0 is still alpha (and
thus such huge changes aren't completely a Bad Thing ;-)

        Ben

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132