On 24.02.2012 18:24, Greg Ercolano wrote:

>       Perhaps I wasn't clear; what I meant about setting up svn:
>       I didn't bother simulating FLTK's SVN master repository config,
>       so that my machine could simulate an SVN server.

Okay, that was { a | my } misunderstanding, then.

>       Only reason I was interested in that is if we decided to configure
>       a complete copy of the fltk.org website on a new server. Steps
>       to set up a separate SVN server with a backup tar file might be
>       useful when we set up the new server.

It's easy, if you only want to use it locally, since you can use
the file://localhost/... access then (again, that's not what you
said/asked, I know). I don't know how to set it up with Apache as
a subversion web service, but I did already set up a svn server with
svn: access for our LAN.

<OT> When we talked about moving to git[hub] as an option, I tried
and succeeded converting the FLTK svn repository to git. It took me
some tries (maybe not enough memory in the Linux VM), but finally it
worked and looked correct. So this is an option, but I'm still waiting
to see progress on the new server...
</OT>

Albrecht