On 27.04.2012, at 16:26, STF wrote:

> In another mail someone talked about Code::Blocks.  Seeing that it's a
> cross-platform IDE, so I wanted to try it with FLTK.
>
> Right, I installed Code::Blocks, unzip fltk-1.3.0-source.tar.gz and
> found this README.IDE containing this brief info (which is the only
> place where code::blocks is mentioned amongst all the files)
> --------------
> Code::Blocks supports FLTK project natively. Please compile and install
> FLTK using the Makefile system. Once installed, new FLTK projects
> can be generated using the Code::Blocks IDE.
> --------------
>
> Well, so I run:
> "c:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe"
> and it said
> makefile:28: makeinclude: No such file or directory

Well, you need to run "autoconf" first. It will generate "makeinclude" from
your "makeinclude.in" file, using some informaton that it gathers from your
machine. You may have to install "autoconf" first ("mingw-get install
autoconf", IIRC).

Next, you run "./configure". Then you run "make", probably "sudo make install"
also. This is all explained in "building FLTK from the commandline". Back when
I wrote the docs, I did not have MinGW available... .

After FLTK is installed, you can create new FLTK projects using the
Code::Blocks "Create New Project..." or whatever it is called. It offers an
FLTK version (or at least it did last time I checked).

 - Matthias