On 05/11/12 06:32, Matthias Melcher wrote:

>>>     To control its on/off state, show_cursor(1|0),
>>>     To control its position, insert_position(pos).
>>
>> is there some example code because I can't get ANY cursor
>> to show ?
>
> Use Fl_Text_Editor. That one has a cursor.

        I'm assuming he wants a readonly scrollable display.

> Or use Fl_[Multiline]_Output,
> which has a minimal little cursor and is output-only.

        IIRC, trouble with Fl_*_Output is no scrollbars.

        I moved a lot of stuff away from that widget
        just to get the scrollbars.

        If there's bugs/shortcomings with Fl_Text_Display's
        caret + keynav, we should probably fix it, so that it
        can be a fully functional replacement for Fl_Multiline_Output.

        I did notice, as David did, that the caret would sometimes
        not appear. I found if the window opened when my mouse wasn't in it,
        the caret wouldn't appear. And moving the mouse INTO the window
        didn't make it appear.

        I had to add 'take_focus()' to make it show up when the window
        opened without the mouse in it. (On my linux system, the
        window manager uses "focus follows mouse")