On 29.05.2012 22:46, Matthias Melcher wrote:

> I think that releasing 1.3.1 would now be as good as any other time. Some
> very important issues were fixed and we should have done this a long time ago.
>
> Can I please get a count on who is for or against releasing the current FLTK
> 1.3 SVN as 1.3.1? Thanks!

+1 too, but (sorry) FWIW...

earlier plans were to release 1.3.1 as a bug-fix-only release with only
a few important fixes, w/o the complete RC cycle. That's why we decided
to use the number 10302 (for FLTK 1.3.2) in all ABI breaking additions.

Now we could:

(a) do as we planned, release 1.3.1 with only important fixes, but then
     release 1.3.2 ASAP (much work, maybe w/o additional gain)

(b) ignore these concerns, and do a full 1.3.1 release right now

(c) skip 1.3.1 and release 1.3.2 now

(d) change the ABI breaking additions to use 10301 instead (some work,
     but that would be consistent)

(e) release 1.3.1 now, and release 1.3.2 after more bug fixes, if we
     can manage to fix some STR's later (leave the ABI breaking number
     as-is). Currently there are "36 Open Features, 23 Open Bugs".

Anyway, IMO *everything* would better than to wait longer, and I'd be
okay with all decisions!

Albrecht