On 13 Dec 2008, at 22:50, James Hearon wrote:

> Pc, XP, MinGW build of fltk 1.1.8
>
> c:/csound509/frontends/fltk_gui/
> CsoundPerformanceSettingsPanel_FLTK.cpp:1095: undefined reference
> to `_imp___ZN9Fl_Input_5valueEPKc'
>

> I'm getting lots of 'Z' undefined references.  Not sure what this
> is referring to?  Does it have something to do with zlib?

No, as Greg said, this is just the compilers name-mangling mechanism.
The "mangling" is the means the compiler uses to discriminate between
different functions with the same actual name but different actual
parameters.
There are (usually) tools in your compiler distribution to reverse
the mangling to find out the actual parameters they denote and so
forth, if you really want to.
But that's not important right now.

> I built on MinGW, configured with threads enabled, but nothing else
> fancy.  Then installed. Msys/Mingw.

Just about every c++ compiler out there uses a different mechansim
for encoding its libraries, so it is very important that the version
of fltk you are using was built with the same compiler you are using
to link your Csound project with.
So that is one reason why the link might be failing. There are others...

> Sure would like to know to what the 'Z' is complaining about if
> anyone is familiar with what it might be about and can help point
> me in the right direction.

My guess is that you are simply linking your libs in the wrong order.
You need to list all the things that *use* a function from a lib,
before you list the lib itself. It is very easy on long link lines to
get things in the wrong order, so that's worth checking.

Also, you say you have Msys installed, so going to the shell and typing:

      fltk-config --ldstaticflags

will give a good indication of what libs you need and the order they
must come in.
Stick whatever that shows at the end of your current link line and
let us know how you get on.

--
Ian