In case you haven't found a solution yet.
Coincidentally recently I experienced the same problem with MinGW 3.4.5.
It turned out that by using the g++ linker flag -Wl,-lFLTK the linker
could not find the libFLTK.a library.
Just add the library as one of the the command line libraries.

Good luck,
Harm-Jan Zwinderman