> > I call drawline() draw some lines in the window, but I found that
> > if I call redraw() function to redraw the whole window, the lines
> > I drawed before will be cleared. Why?
>
> The redraw() call simply tells the system to call the widgets' draw()
> functions at some convenient point in the event loop in the future.
> The redraw() call does not do the actual drawing.
>
> Do you call drawline() directly, or indirectly from the widget's
> draw() member function? If you are calling drawline() outside draw()
> it will never be called again unless you add special logic to do so.
>
> The usual way to handle this is to derive your own class from an
> existing FLTK class, and override the draw() member function to call
> drawline() etc. as needed.
>
> D.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I called drawline outside draw() function, now I know if I put the
drawline() into override draw() function will has no such issue. But I still
has question, because I use drawline() function to implement a painter
application, so if I put the drawline() into draw() function, then it will call
lots of drawline() at each redarw(). So does fltk has a better solution to
implement a painter application? Thanks.

Best regards,
Leo Wang