> I just downloaded the latest source and tweaked it a little
> to compile, but not much. The text works but the other bits I
> had working tabs, images etc... now don't.

The fltk-1 and fltk-2 API's are quite different, so there's some work in
getting your fltk code moved from one to the other. But under the covers
fltk-1.1 and fltk-2.x are quite similar, so if fltk-2 works, fltk-1.1
might also (and be compatible with your fltk-1.3 code.)

> I thought v2.0 was the latest and therefore the best but with
> that info I may go back to 1.3 and try and get the text working again.

Unfortunately not - though it is a common misconception.

In essence, in something like fltk-1.3, the first number tells you the
fltk API in use, either the "stable" fltk-1 API or the
improved-but-experimental fltk-2 API. The second number tells you the
series version.

So, in practice, both fltk-1.1 and fltk-1.3 are actually later than
fltk-2.0, but using the older fltk-1.0 API.

Yes, it is confusing.

The timeline went something like this: (ASCII art! Beware!)

                       |-->fltk-1.2(abandoned)

BigBang-->fltk-1.0-->fltk-1.1---->fltk-1.3-->now

                |-->fltk-2.x-------------->

At some point (possibly quite soon, at least in geological timescales)
there will be a fltk-3 API that consolidates what we have learned and
the older API's will be retired, but right now... Well, the stable
fltk-1 API is probably preferred.

Code written for fltk-1.1 and fltk-1.3 is pretty much compile-time
interchangeable, and most old fltk-1.0 code will still build under
fltk-1.3 too. Fltk-2 code is not compatible with the fltk-1 API; in
particular the widget origin coordinate frames changed which makes for
some quite substantial rework at times.

I do wonder why fltk-2 text rendering works where fltk-1.3 does not;
there must be some key difference under the covers. That's an
interesting feature... Really would like to know what fltk-1.1.10 does
on your target.

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132