> BTW: do you have any suggestion about how I should make my
> installation to be correct using (fltk-1.3.x) on  Fedora 15?
> I couldn't compile my project with the source code
> installation (not rpm), I have an old one 1.1.10 (you get it
> from yum).  you don't get newer by using yum.

*Do not* try and *install* a later version of fltk on your F15 system,
as that may break dependencies in the system itself.

If you need a later version of fltk for dev work, use it directly from
the directory where you build fltk itself.

This is trivial to do (indeed fltk is designed to work like that) and
all you need to do is make sure the correct instance of fltk-config is
in your path.

What I have is symlinks in my ~/bin folder to all the different
fltk-config versions I have, for each of the different fltk versions I
have on my machines.
I usually have several different versions of fltk available, none of
which are "installed" on the system at all.

Once you have access to fltk-config, the Makefile (or your IDE) can use
that to determine the appropriate path for each different fltk version
to set the include and lib paths correctly.

So long as you link static to the fltk libs (and you should) then trying
to install fltk is just an unnecessary complication.

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132