On 11/03/11 10:17, David wrote:
> the trick to get rid of the @ issue worked, but the line is long and
> fl_choice now shows more but the part it wrapped is long (no spaces in that
> part) and it's cutting it off instead of wrapping again (hard wrap since no
> space).  Is there a feature to turn on complete wrapping so I can throw
> anything at it and it comes back with the proper sizing?
>
> This would be sample text
> withareallonglinethatwouldntfindthesizeitchoseforthedialogandnotwrapingitsoitsaproblem

    If I were to encounter that case, I'd pre-format the strings
    before sending them to Fl_Choice, as I can't imagine any way
    the widget could visually show the entire string "correctly".

    Options I'd consider for pre-formatting: truncate and append "..",
    or pull data out of the middle of the string, and insert ".."
    in place of the omitted text.

    Then keep the original string either in a separate map,
    or use the menu item's user_data as a pointer to the original
    string. That way when the user picks the truncated item,
    your app can still access the original string.