> Huh?
> OK, I just tested, and it does work - but they window has to be
> mapped first, so simply calling show() on it is not enough, the
> window actually  has to have been drawn...

Ok. My fault, I misunderstood "mapped".
I have done size() after show() but without a pause.
I though show was synchronous so the window will be mapped before the size
called.
Using your code, it works fine.

> Well, I don't know, I find Fl_Pack to be more trouble than
> just setting up the groups, but that may just be me...

May be. I am not use to design windows without a builder now.
It's not easy to figure out what the easiest way to design a window.
(I am working hard with Fl_Tile yet)

> 1) With no parameter, window is sized programmatically after being
> mapped (by a crude brute force approach!)

Is there a way to map a window to the device without "showing" it to the screen
? (to avoid the update call)

> 3) With 2 parameters, the window is simply created the "right size".
>

> Both (1) and (3) work, but (2) does not, so it is the mapping of the
> window that is key here, it seems.
>
> So if you can size the window before you create it,
> or after it is mapped, I think all will be well.
> If you try and size it before it is mapped, bad things can happen (but
> then, if it is not yet mapped, you could presumably have created
> it the "right" size in the first place?)

I think my initial idea is to design the window more in term of "table cells"
(may be like HTML, or MIG Layout in Java) than in pixels.

After designing the "table", you can resize to the actual size you want.

Since, I am just discovering the fltk ways, may be I am completly wrong of
course.

My goal is to design a GUI like the one for NUnit.

Regards,
David