> Sorry, I should have said "seevral places in the flush() method without
> checking..." though mostly to call the draw() method, so if draw() is
> internally always checking that the xid is non-null it may well be
> fine...!

Good. For now, I will keep my patch until my tests are ok for a next fltk
release.

> Ah, yes. I see - so the issue is perhaps that we should prevent Fl_Tile
> from resizing its subwindows to zero, we need to force a minimum
> dimension, that sort of thing?

Do not know, I am not involve in fltk core developpment. So I don't know what
they prefer as solution.
It may me strange to remove a functionality that works for others
classes because of a "bug" in a specific one.

> > On thing I see is the code under WIN32 don't seem to be reach at all
> > because draw() is not called for a 0 size window.
>
> OK - but be aware that the WIN32 code is not in play here, you are
> running the X11 code, so that's the code path that is failing for you.

Not sure to understand the meaning of your sentence, but I have
tested and debug my test code under Windows too.
And the Fl_Double_Window::draw() is never called (breakpoint never reach)
May be a solution would be to find why draw() is not done (w() != 0 && h() != 0
may be for children ?) under windows and done under Linux.