Sorry about disturbing you, but I just tested the code attached in STR #2795
with r9217 under WinXP 32 and its performance is unusable.
With my PC (Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM) it takes always more than 30 seconds
to a clicked item to get selected.
The scrolling (using scrollbar) however is fast.
I compiled it with VS 2008 in both Debug and Release modes with same result.
Is it possible that I am making any mistake?. Did someone test it in similar
platform?