On 20.01.2012 23:59, Paul R wrote:

> One thing though is what are the limits on the buffer. I know from a
> meeting earlier that there may be 3000 pages, but that would be a real
> exception rather than the rule.

The only limit is memory...

> Also If i wanted a 'find' box then its going to be my custom work all
> the way i suppose...

Yep, but there is the complete editor example in test/editor.cxx.
Isn't there even an easy example in the docs?

I did such a thing in my commercial app. by subclassing Fl_Text_Display.
The nice thing is that you can add another text buffer, fill it with
anything you like, and then switch buffers (show the alternate buffer
in the widget) with the text you want to show. This could be a list
of all lines matching a search (that's one of the features I used).

Together with the (syntax) highlighting features described by Greg
(see also test/editor.cxx), this is very powerful for self-written
analysis.

Hint: run "test/editor test/editor.cxx" to see the editor working
with syntax highlighting. It's a real editor, you can use it for
editing source files ;-) and it has search and replace functions.

Albrecht