On 02/14/12 23:34, Johan R wrote:
> I am very happy with performance now, the performance was horrible when my
> previous Fl_Text_Display contained lots of text.

        I'm curious:

           > What specifically was slow in Fl_Text_Display (scrolling, adding
text, parsing..)
           > How much text (approx) was involved?
           > Which FLTK version are you using? (1.3.0, 1.3.x svn current, 1.3.x
r####..)

        I've had really good performance with Fl_Text_Display on large files.
        Just now my Fl_Text_Display widget loaded a 4MB text file with 65000
lines
        in under a second over a network connection, and I can scroll back and
forth
        from one end of the file insanely fast.. it could not be faster.