On 03/07/12 14:14, Ian MacArthur wrote:
> Sure, there are a couple of ways to go about that,
> but it turns out it's often not really that useful,
> so there's no built-in way of doing it.

        Cool example; can I steal that for the cheat page ;)
        Perhaps can be integrated into the docs as well.

> 03/07/12 (that's 2012-03-07 for people who don't grok American date formats

        <thread-jack>
        Yes, lol, "it's how we was raised."

        Seems like every possible combo of MM, DD, and YYYY
        is claimed by some country or other:

                Y/M/D -- ISO 8601 "International Date" (China, Korea, Japan..)
                D/M/Y -- India, Spain, much of the EU, AU,
                M/D/Y -- US

        I'd agree Y/M/D makes the most sense, esp. for sorting,
        as it flows nicely into Y/M/D,H:M, largest-to-smallest unit.

        Apparently though, D/M/Y (cyan on the following map) is most popular:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country
        </thread-jack>