I still think this is a troll, but I'm gonna bite anyway...

OK, here's what it is:

- You have not told us what platform you are on
- You have not told us what toolchain you are using

Nonetheless, I'm guessing it's some Windows platform, and possibly (as a guess)
using some mingw or gcc derived toolchain, but maybe using an MS toolchain?

In any case, the likelihood is that the issue is the use of the symbol names
grp1, grp2 etc...

MS uses those names internally in their C namespace and the often "leak out"
into the user space code, so you can not declare a variable called "grp1" or
your code will bork.

This gives compiler output like the following:

$ fltk1-3-config --compile test-2.cxx && ./test-2.exe
g++ -I/d/IanMacarthur/svn/fltk-1.3 -I/d/IanMacarthur/svn/fltk-1.3/png
-I/d/IanMacarthur/svn/fltk-1.3/zlib -I/d/IanMacarthur/svn/fltk-1.3/jpeg
-mwindows -DWIN32 -DUSE_OPENGL32 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -o
'test-2' 'test-2.cxx' -mwindows /d/IanMacarthur/svn/fltk-1.3/lib/libfltk.a
-lole32 -luuid -lcomctl32
test-2.cxx:16: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:16: error: expected init-declarator before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:16: error: expected `,' or `;' before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:17: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:17: error: expected init-declarator before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:17: error: expected `,' or `;' before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:18: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:18: error: expected init-declarator before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:18: error: expected `,' or `;' before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:19: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:19: error: expected init-declarator before numeric constant
test-2.cxx:19: error: expected `,' or `;' before numeric constant
test-2.cxx: In function `Fl_Double_Window* make_window()':
test-2.cxx:51: error: non-lvalue in assignment
test-2.cxx:59: error: non-lvalue in assignment
test-2.cxx:67: error: non-lvalue in assignment
test-2.cxx:75: error: non-lvalue in assignment

So, what's the fix? It is easy - don’t ever have a variable called grp1...

If you call it grp_1 instead, then the problem goes away.

This is NOT a fltk bug, this is just the way things are in Microsoft-land...

> What do you mean "not have posted the compiler error". I have posted it
> several
> times. Its in the first post as a matter a fact.

No, you did not. Compiler output looks like the gibberish I posted above, and
has salient information in it. What you posted was sanitised and therefore
unfortunatley meaningless.

Just cut and paste the raw output, don't clean it up...

> As for your "minimal, complete single-file implementation", I have posted
> the
> entire file. I really don't see what seems to be the problem here.

No, you posted an obfuscated url to a file stored elsewhere: many secure
firewalls (i.e. the one here for example) will not parse obfuscated URL's, and
I almost never follow them anyway. They often go somewhere unsanitary...

This is not twitter, there is no 160 char limit - post the full URL, or better
yet post a page or two of actual code inline.

If you want help, make it easy for folk to help you...

> I have stated the problem VERY clearly, many times. If you would have just
> read what I wrote.

I read everything that you wrote, several times, but you had not posted enough
detail clearly enough.

- what fltk version
- what host platform
- what toolchain
- cut and paste actual compiler output
- post large enough fragments of code, inline in the post, to make the context
and meaning clear

However, the problem is now solved in my notes above so hopefully we can all
move on.

Did you skip the calsses on netiquette-101, BTW?
I used to lecture that course, but the faculty dismissed me for being rude and
sarcastic. Go figure!

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132