MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK <ian.macarthur@...> writes:

> I still think this is a troll, but I'm gonna bite anyway...

I can guaranty you its not. But for the record.

> - You have not told us what platform you are on
> - You have not told us what toolchain you are using
>
> Nonetheless, I'm guessing it's some Windows platform, and possibly (as a
guess) using some mingw or gcc
> derived toolchain, but maybe using an MS toolchain?

I didn't know you required that information. But nonetheless.

platform Win XP/7.
Mingw g++
FLTK 1.3.0

> In any case, the likelihood is that the issue is the use of the symbol names
grp1, grp2 etc...

> MS uses those names internally in their C namespace and the often "leak out"
into the user space code, so you
> can not declare a variable called "grp1" or your code will bork.

Alright, if its that simple. I will look into it. No problem.

> No, you posted an obfuscated url to a file stored elsewhere: many secure
firewalls (i.e. the one here for
> example) will not parse obfuscated URL's, and I almost never follow them
anyway. They often go somewhere unsanitary...

I didn't know those urls didn't get through here. Must have been a simple
misunderstanding.

> However, the problem is now solved in my notes above so hopefully we can all
move on.

Yes, hopefully that will solve it.