On 06/09/12 12:01, Matthias Melcher wrote:
> I think that none of the Cairo stuff has been touched
> in quite a while. Also, I believe that most of what Cairo
> offers is also part of Quartz. The antialiased font and
> lines are enabled in FLTK 1.3.

        I figure we should put something in the README.cairo file
        in the OSX section for this.

        Not sure what to write though.

        I've spent the last few hours just trying to get cairo
        to build from source (instead of using Mac Ports),
        and that seems to give better results for FLTK.

        There are some nice Mac specific build instructions for
        cairo here:
        http://cairographics.org/end_to_end_build_for_mac_os_x/

        ..but these are a bit out of date and perhaps incomplete;
        I found I had to change several things, and had to add
        some extra environment settings not shown in those instructions
        to get pkg-config to work right (a tool I know little about,
        but appreciate its purpose)

        I've gotten FLTK to build with cairo this way, as the cairo-quartz.h
        file is now found OK.

        It does get through building FLTK, but dies when it tries to link
        the cairo test program:

Linking cairo_test...
Undefined symbols:
  "_GetWindowPort", referenced from:
      Fl::cairo_make_current(void*)  in libfltk_cairo.a(Fl_Cairo.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found

        Apparently this is because GetWindowPort is a deprecated Carbon
        call that no longer exists.. at least not on my 10.6.8 build system.

        Sniffing the web, found another app with a similar issue:

        http://code.google.com/p/ogld/issues/detail?id=4

        .. and they seem to say GetWindowPort has been removed, and that there's
        no simple cocoa equivalent, so they are investigating retooling for
cocoa.