Hi, thank you for suggestion. I wanted to start c++ without using any IDE (if
possible..) to understand better all the phases of the coding, compiling and
linking. As I said, I come from VB6 world and I was not very lucky when MS
decided to stop VB6 and pass to .NET.
Since those days my dream is beeing capable to code in a mature language (c++)
and compile it using any compiler of my choise..
For the GUI I decided fo FLTK because of usability and portability.

I do not know if I will be able to do all this with success, but I prefere to
spend a little more time now for freedom in the future..

Giuliano