I want to create some simple non rectangle widgets.

It is quite simple to derive from any widget class, but all the classes
have a rectangle boundary. Any mouse event will be handled to the
rectangle region of the box of the widget I derive from.

What can I do to only get / filter the incoming mouse events to my e.g.
circular region?

Background: My target is to create widgets on a canvas like in tk. There
I could create any polygon, arcs and what I want and the incoming mouse
events are "ready to use". I try to port a tk widget application so I
need an entry point for my programming...

Thanks
 Klaus