Hi Everyone

Callbacks and creating instances of widgets is really straightforward in
FLTK but I am finding the layout management quite confusing.

I have some gtk, tk and some html/css background.

With css  there is absolute positioning and relative positioning(and
others likely). It's my understanding that with css it's a bad design
practice to set everything by absolute position. With gtk there is hbox
and vbox(from what I remember) that will position widgets within the
container implicitly based on whether it is a vertical box or horizontal
one.

I am playing with Fl_Group right now. I thought that widgets inside
groups might behave similar to css relative position but it appears it
is still absolute.

Is there a list of best design practices with fltk ? Is it best to think
it terms of absolute positioning for everything ? If this is the case,
is Fl_Group more of a declared region on the screen as opposed to a
container that can move widgets around like a div would be in html ?

Thanks for reading-Patrick