> I recently have noticed, that FLTK 1.3.2 don't build any more on SunOS
> 5.7 because the fl_scandir() funktion was removed since 1.3.0 (the
> version I have used before). This was documented in STR #2687.

Yes - we were pulling in an implementation that was *probably*
not compatible with our licence and had to drop it.

But... we thought that it was unlikely to affect any users.

Does your SunOS not have an implementation of scandir
that can be used?
(I confess I thought it did, but do not know...)

Is it possible the problem is that our configure script
is not detecting scandir correctly on your host?

> Because FLTK is one of the last GUI toolkits that don't add some kind
> of
> mega-bloat to any application that use it, it is still useful today for
> old machines with limited ressources.
>
> If I have understand it correctly, the function was removed due to
> license issues. So is there a chance that it will come back if someone
> (like me) would provide a new implementation with appropriate license?

Yes, we would accept that, I think.

I guess there are two things to try here:

1. If your machine has a scandir but we are not detecting it, how do
we correct our configure script so that it works?

2. If no scandir exists on SunOS-5.7, can you implement one that works
(e.g as is done for win32, and used to be done...)

If so, we'd also want to know what would be useful #defines to check
for so that we would incorporate that code at build time (without it
also being pulled into other hosts that might not need it!)

Cheers...