Greg Ercolano wrote:
> Michael Baeuerle wrote:
> >
> > Next weekend I can try to write a new implementation with matching
> > license.
>
>         Great; sounds good.

Here it is:
http://micha.freeshell.org/tmp/2013-02-16_scandir.tar.gz

The archive contains the new implementation, the old implementation and
some test programs to compare the new, the old and the native
implementation of the system. The test programs show the content of the
current working directory. If a name is specified as parameter, a filter
is applied to mask all other directory entries.

The new implementation locks a mutex if HAVE_PTHREAD is #defined. In
this mode it should be thread safe even if readdir() is not reentrant
(that is allowed by POSIX).

At the moment I can't access the Sun machine from here, but I have
tested on AIX 5.1 and HP-UX 11.11 and it works on both. I will test on
the Sun the next few days. In the meanwhile it would be nice if somebody
else can run the test programs on other systems.

Regards,

Micha