Gday Andy,

Progress on the semantic model has slowed these last few weeks as I've
returned to the land of the employed, but basically, I can't see any reason
why you couldn't start work on an automapper that works against the semantic
model. The model is missing alot of features so there is no way that people
could realistically switch over yet, but there is enough there to get some
basic automapping working.

If you decide to start, I would suggest that you create a AutoMapping folder
in the FluentNHibernate.FluentInterface project and put your implementation
there. If you take a look in the test project, you'll see there are some
integration tests that map some really small domains (music and employees I
think) - I think a good inital goal would be to get those domains
automapped.

There will probably be lots of friction as you discover that certain things
are missing or done differently in the rewrite, but we'll just have to work
through that. A good example would be that the Conventions class no longer
exists, and will hopefully stay that way. Conventions should instead be
implemented as visitors of the mapping model - see NamingConvention as an
example. I have a blog post that sort of covers this in the works  - I'm
really going to try to get that finished this weekend. In any case, feel
free to ping me with whatever questions you have.

Paul Batum