> It wouldn't be that explicit. You would do it by hooking a modulator
> to some CC input and using it to extend the volume decay phase - you
> can do that in the soundfont or the synth.
>
> However, I don't see a way to do it with the sustain pedal, since that
> suppresses all noteoff events while it is held. You would want to
> connect the pedal to some different CC. So, what you have is a
> property of the synth, but could be replicated with some effort.

Good point. So what you are basically saying is that on my Yamaha (PSR-550
if anybody is wondering), the sustain pedal is not really doing a sustain,
it's doing an "extend the decay phase" instead. So all I have to do is
change my MIDI file so that I'm sending that signal. I'm not sure what that
signal is or if it exists, but I'll have a look for it. Thanks Andrew.