Thanks for the responses. That sounds all good to motivate me to start on it. I started to play with both fluidsynth and nacl sdk. The first blocker I had was that glib is needed for fluidsynth but fortunately I did found a nacl port for it. https://code.google.com/p/naclports/ contains port of many opensource lib. Too bad fluidsynth it not part of it ;) So far so good. I mainly fight with the makefile and getting all the parts together and a convenient build system I was thinking initially of starting a fork for fluidsynth (from 1.1.6) in github (or googlecode if svn is more convenient). But I won't have much (or even any) source modification to perform but will only need to add Nacl stubs and bindings if I understand correctly so a fork won't hopefully be needed
--alex