Hello Tom,

Thought I'd chime in, since I was the one who pushed using glib to begin
with.  I got tired of all the architecture specific code which seemed to
have issues in certain situations and saw glib as being a good option.  It
does complicate building on those platforms though and in embedded systems
use cases especially.  I know FluidSynth used to have a wrapper interface
which provided a lot of this architecture specific code and I suspect a
good portion of this is still in place.  Such a wrapper could be used to
implement architecture specific ports which would not require glib.  I'm
fairly knowledgeable with glib's features and API, having used it for a
long time in many applications, but I'm not too interested personally in
creating arch specific FluidSynth ports, except perhaps the embedded
systems case.  I could probably answer questions as to the glib API which
FluidSynth is using though.

I don't know much about C11 myself, so can't comment on that.

Cheers!

Element Green