I suppose there’s another option. I’m not sure how much work this would be or
other issues, so it may not be worthwhile.

We could unarchive the original repo, and archive the current one. There by
renaming nothing. You could look into merging the two repos as well, if you
wanted to preserve the history across the two.

Some drawbacks would be:

Need to move issues from current repo to the former one (GitHub has a mechanism
for this)
Would need to merge the repos if you want all the history in one place
If repos aren’t merged, there would be some work to copy/port over existing
codebase from current repo

If this approach isn’t taken, I’m fine with Option 1. However we need to
indicate somewhere in the current repo a reference to the original repo. All in
all, I’m glad we’re fixing this up as I’ve had issues locating the repo for
this site on a few occasions.

Thanks
Justin