>Does anyone know where to get gameboy EMUs and ROMs for shit like the
gameboy soundtrack maker!?<

http://hiwaay.net/~jfrohwei/gameboy/

is the major site for all things gameboy. It's more of a homebrew developers
site but you'll find links there to most of what you want. There're links to
C compilers for the gameboy so you can code your own roms if you want to do
custom sound stuff.

I'm not aware of a specific gameboy soundtrack maker, do you mean Nanoloop?

For emulators there's also

http://members.tripod.com/sirrobertrpg/emu.htm

>From what I've seen some emulators do not emulate sound properly so you may
have to try a few.

I think Alec Empire produced a whole album with his gameboy about a year ago
but I've not listened to it yet. Anyone heard it?

cheers,

Sol.