On Tue, 9 May 2000, Lord Hasenpfeffer wrote:

> > syquest 135 is/was better to use and faster but zip became the standard.
>
> Another example.  Why must we always settle for less?

"... modern marketing."

> > I still find the microphone handeling awkward.
>
> www.minidisco.com has three stereo mics available.
> They are all small and custom made which makes them a bit pricey but worth it.
>
> The one I bought has two mics with clips attached to them joined to a single
> miniplug.  I can clip each mic on my shoulders, belt / beltloops, shoes, etc.
> Totally hands free.  I like walking around with my MD portable set in
> pause/record mode, my headphones in my ears listening through the open circuit,
> and the left and right microphones reversed.  That way I hear things on the left
> which I see on the right and vice versa.

Sony has a pretty good mic (ECM-MS907 about $90US) that I use with my
minidisc recorder; there are better mics but they tend to be much bigger
than the recorder, which seems odd...

I tend to sit in one place for the duration of the 74 minute MD 'recording
session.' I don't seem to be able to react fast enough to
fleeting/interesting sounds. My last session was at the new San Francisco
baseball stadium -- I was most surprised 'to hear' that all the chants and
stomping that the fans do during the game are prompted by
prerecorded/broadcasts in the stadium.

The 12hr-ISBN-JPEG Project    >>>>           since 1994   <<<<

+ + +         serial           ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/b/bbrace
+ + +      eccentric        ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/bb/bbrace
+ + +     continuous       ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/bbrace
+ + +    hypermodern      ftp://ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace
+ + +        imagery   ftp://ftp.pacifier.com/pub/users/bbrace

      News://alt.binaries.pictures.12hr ://a.b.p.fine-art.misc
  Mailing-list: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / subscribe 12hr-isbn-jpeg
  Reverse Solidus: http://www.teleport.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html
                   http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net

 { brad brace }   <<<< [EMAIL PROTECTED] >>>>  ~finger for pgp