Hi Josh,

Welcome back!!!

>  What happens then? Do I send them somewhere? Should I hide them somewhere and let
>everyone find them? Or mail one photo to everybody on the list?

Not a bad idea, hmmmm....might be interesting for me to gather them and mail 1 day of
each persons life as a group to each of those on the list...hmmmm.  Or I might do
online animations, still not sure.  Anyway, I shall do an *official post* with instrux
and info on where to mail.

I must confess that my original inspiration of photographing a tube of "Rembrandt"
(art, see, get it) toothpaste each day to portray the entropy of my month was
immediately thwarted when the toothpaste tube refused to collapse.  This resulted in
several days of frustration and an ensuing half hour or more at Long's Drug Store,
ripping open toothpaste boxes surreptitiously trying to find a tube that actually
would show wear....all of the good titles like "anti-aging toothpaste" etc. were
noncollapsible ones.  (There is, I am sure, a stocking clerk at Long's that wonders
what exactly transpired).  Finally, I found several cast out tubes of "Gleem" on the
bottom shelves.  Since I had to venture to Ventura that weekend, I shot approximately
5 shots on one morning with help from a friend who was "dressing up" the shooting with
toothpaste drips, etc.  Ah, now I've confessed.  I feel much better now.

> There was also a huge exhibit of works by Sol LeWitt, a name I've often read of, but
>I have never really seen much of his work. Now I have seen a lot of his work. Huge
>works involving geometric shapes and lines that would fill up an entire wall. His
>works played with an architectual precision of pure form and shape. I am glad my
>first exposure to his work was of so much stuff that would have been missing
>something if I had flipped through a book on him (there were also about 2 dozen books
>of his work on display under glass).

LeWitt was the major show at SFMOMA a couple of months back.  After checking out some
of the 3 story wall paintings, I asked one of the guards how long it took his crew to
paint them.  He said, "Too long, too long."

> Other things in Chicago: Harold's Chicken! Fred Anderson! Kevin Drumm! Edith Frost!
>A protest march for afforible housing with 5 effigies! Seeing the hatching egg
>sculpture in Hyde Park again (I used to walk by it everyday on my way to classes: It
>is called "Bird of Peace" or something, but it will always be the hatching egg
>sculpture to me)! Being awarded "Dog of the Day" by a homie on the El for lending him
>my pen (I wore this honor like a badge)! Searching for a copy of Charlie Christian's
>"Live at Carnigie Hall" and not finding it at 4 record stores! Looking for a copy of
>Nancy Cunard's biography at 4 bookstores and not finding it! Seeing how much my old
>neighborhood has changed in 7 years! Listening to my cousin tell stories of my
>grandfather (who died when I was 4 or 5) who owned a fish store in Brooklyn NY!
>Having a friend borrow a rare Romanian LP by Iancu Dumitrescu that I was able to tape
>a copy!

The above much better than museums, yes?  I like the egg sculpture, all round and
friendly and understanding.

Bests,
Your pard in art,
PK