It's funny (or maybe it's not), but it's "Fleet week" here in NYC (that
means that these huge warships and carriers and suchlike are all docked here
for a week).  And due to this, there's all kinds of a "security" alert.
But, they keep flying these fighter planes over manhattan, really low, not
for security reasons but to give all the yahoos a thrill. And all day, when
they flew over the Flatiron (a very old building) the windows rattled, the
floors shook, and people kept freaking out.  They fly these little fighters
in groups of 3 and 5, and flying as low as they do, they really shake things
up.

All really annoying, really.