[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>Owen, Do you know any of the history of Fluxus as to how much editing George
>did?

At various times quite a bit - although he often said that he only did this because
the artists themselves asked for it. Many people came and went so there were never any
that were out permanently - Dick was a case in point - for most of the mid 60s
George maintained that the only 100% fluxman (as he called it) was Ben.

>Was Eric ever kicked out by George? Any others?

Eric was never specifically excluded, but after he was involved in playing a trick on
George (saying that they took a trip to the Soviet Union to do Fluxus Performances)
George got quite mad at him, and threatened to throw him and others who he
thought were involved out of Fluxus for undermining the possibility of Fluxus finding
its home in the SU (this was George's idea in the early 1960s). The main person that
George consistently seemed to direct his anger at was Charollote Moorman, not
because she was Fluxus but because she was an organizer for the New York festival of
the Avant Garde which he thought was a "rival organization" to Fluxus

> I know George and Dick
>Higgins had several disagreements but when I asked Dick about this he would
>not talk about it.

Yes for a time they were not talking at all in the mid 1960s but by the end of the 60s
they patched things up some what and Dick began to participate under the name Moma
Glue and then but the middle 7os they had mostly made up and so Dick Fully
participated in many of the performances in the late 70s. But in the Mid 60s George
was often very angry at Dick for what he felt was abandoning Fluxus to "start a rival
organization" meaning SEP.

> Ken said that George's Fluxus list got down to one or two
>people at one time. It was at 88 or so when he died but I do not have a
>record of who was on that list. Ken told me that I was included. -Don

The two was after the blowup in after the Stockhausen Originale performance and the
protest about it - where George says that "everyone quit" I have some interesting
letters that George sent out later about this time. The lists were more something
that he started doing in the late 1960s and early 1970s and he included them in his
annual mailings that are reproduced in the Silverman addendum catalogs (and yes you
are on them).

Owen