Title: Re: FLUXLIST: Fluxus in School
So it’s not even a phenomena? ... Your proposition of ‘nowness’  sits extraordinarily comfortably with me as it might, and I assume does, with some (many?) non-Western understandings of time – and I mean ‘time’ not history ... So if ‘teaching FLUXUS’ assists (maybe?) in developing understandings of that its worth the doing I guess ... But wasn’t someone’s question, how do you do it?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:21:16 EDT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: Fluxus in School

In a message dated 4/4/04 11:38:58 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
If FLUXUS is anattitude, and lets say NOT a theology,

I think fluxus isnt anything-- fluxus is made up of what you and I are doing in this present moment and that is indescribable because it has no history. Retro fluxus is good because it is. I am very militant about not taking art history too seriously because its dead-in the past. I always tell my students that we can't deny our history but its irrelevent to what you have to say right now. Granted I do many traditional art endeavors, just yesterday I sent an "add to" to a mail artist in the tradition of Ray Johnson.
     My criticism of the Codex is that there isn't enough about who the people were its mostly just what they did. The main problem with modern art:it tries to be just about the art and not about the people who made it-BORING!!!! I like the Fluxus Reader better. Dawg