Well, I am WAY behind the curve, I know, having stuck with "old reliable" Filemaker 6 for way too long. Now I've got a Products database that seems to be corrupting itself every 2-3 weeks, which takes the form of certain records that go "bad" and cause the database to crash (cause all users to color wheel to death) when someone accesses one of the damaged records. I've repaired it a few times by exporting the data to "Merge" format and importing it, which basically works, but it's a huge job and I clearly need to move up to Filemaker 8.5 instead.

My question is, is it absolutely necessary to remake my databases from scratch, building the multiple tables onto one updated database? Has anyone had experience with converting the mutli-file Filemaker system without reworking the databases into one file? I am mentally against the idea of my entire database being in one big corruptable (?) file, and would like to know if converting and using as-is is likely to be an option?

Any advice would be appreciated.


--
You've got a friend in Japan
http://www.jlist.com



Reply via email to