Dear List Members,

I recently was tasked with upgrading a small FileMaker/Lasso solution to FileMaker 9/PHP on Leopard Server. The database has to run inside a firewall, and I am trying to run PHP via the Web Publishing Engine on a web server outside the firewall. I installed FileMaker 9 on the worker machine (web server) first, and then on the master machine (database server). I cannot seem to get the PHP test page to function properly. It gives me the unhelpful error:

"The PHP connection to the FMServer_Sample database failed.
This Web Publishing Engine already has too many active sessions. Using FileMaker Server Admin, increase the number of Web Publishing Engine sessions, disconnect an active session, or wait a while for more sessions to become available. (Error 956; Maximum number of database sessions exceeded)"

There's only one connection to the WPE, and the preference is set to 100 maximum sessions, so I don't know why I'm getting this error.

I am pretty sure the issue has something to do with the network connection and/or firewall between the two machines, because when I install it all on one machine, it works correctly. I am able to telnet to all the ports that need to be opened on each of the two machines. Here are the ports that we opened:

Database Machine:
5003, 16000, 16001, 16016, 2399, 50003, 50006

Web Server Machine:
5003, 16000, 16004-16018

Unless there are still ports need to be opened, I have boiled the issue down to a possible DNS resolution issue from the web server to the database machine. The web server is not able to connect to the database server by domain name via telnet, but can do that via IP address.

Which brings me to my big question: Is it possible for the Web Publishing Engine to connect to FileMaker Server on the master machine via IP address instead of domain name, and if so, where can I find this preference/setting? Is it in one of the configuration files somewhere?

I thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

- Deepali

-----------------------
Deepali Gokhale
infoCypher Data Consulting, LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



Reply via email to