On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 13:17, Ryan M Harris wrote:
> What are the specific problems with security on exim/postfix?

the big problem that djb rants about is the world writable mail drop
directory. djb's take can be found here:

http://cr.yp.to/maildisasters/postfix.html

wietse's take is here:

http://www.postfix.org/security.html

personally, i prefer postfix to all other mta's i've used (sendmail,
netscape messaging, exim, qmail). i like configuration files that make
sense, i like not being an open relay, and i like a semi-non-restrictive
license. i also like still having /usr/lib/sendmail work the way it
should in scripts. i find postfix to be easy to extend. for example, it
was fiarly trivial for me to write and incorporate a script that
authenticates relays based on imap logins. just my $.02 though . mta
conversations between sysadmins tend to be like editor wars between
coders.

-jon

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] || www.divisionbyzero.com