At 4:39 PM -0500 3/8/02, Bennett Todd wrote:
>Unless there's been some recent development I haven't heard of,
>incorporating user authentication (like e.g. SecurID) into IPSec
>remains an open research problem. Any solution that's in use today
>is a special one-off ad-hoc hack. Such a hack is easy to make.

I wouldn't call it "open research".  I was connecting to a Cisco
server just today using IPSec and SecurID.  However I agree that
there doesn't seem to be a widely supported solution.  I've never
been able to find an arbitrary VPN client that could use SecurID to a
server from a different vendor.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/