On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Joseph Monti wrote:

> I've been an unfortunate target of various script-kiddies/worms and have
> configured apache to perform something like this on all incoming requests
> containing bad URI's:
>
> route -n add <evil IP> gw <bogus local host>

If you want to blackhole them then do so properly.

route add -net <boys with toys> netmask <all of them> reject

> The only concern I have is will this cause performance problems? I've got
> about 10 so far and I just put it up about 24hrs ago.

Well doing it your way results in loads of router lookups, arp entries and
the lot where they are not needed.

However you will see loads of martians after you have done it this way ;-)

Hugo.

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]            http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
            for they are subtle and quick to anger.