Joe,
        Adding routes to different networks to block addresses is probably
not the best of methods to go, however you may be interested in using
ipchains/iptables depending on your kernel version.

kernel 2.4.x - iptables
iptables -A INPUT -s <offending IP> -j DROP

kernel 2.2.x - ipchains
ipchains -A inpus -s <offending IP> -j DENY

for iptables, you can do some logging and the such so you know when they
are attempting to connect:

iptables -N kiddies
iptables -A kiddies -j LOG --log-prefix "Script Kiddie Log: " -m limit
--limit 1/m
iptables -A kiddies -j DROP

iptables -A INPUT -s <offending ip> -j kiddies

<offending ip> in each example can represent just the IP address itself as
well as a netblock via the CIDR notation. a quick example for CIDR looks
like this:

IP              NETMASK         CIDR
192.168.2.0     255.255.255.0   192.168.2.0/24
10.0.0.0        255.0.0.0       10.0.0.0/8
172.16.0.0      255.255.0.0     172.16.0.0/16

CIDR basically is just the number of bits in the netwokr mask.

here is a brief explanation of the iptables rules represented by
'kiddies'...

iptables -N kiddies                             # create a new empty chain called
                                                # kiddies to handle anything that
                                                # points to it

iptables -A kiddies -j LOG --log-prefix \
                "Script Kiddie Log: "           # this part logs a bit of
                                                # information about the
                                                # packet

        -m limit --limit 1/m                    # this sets log limits to
                                                # 1 per minute ( a nice
                                                # feature to prevent
                                                # flooding

iptables -A INPUT -s <offending ip> -j kiddies  # this tells the <offending ip>
                                                # source (-s) to go to the
                                                # chain kiddies

more information is availble via the following links:

ipchains
        http://www.netfilter.org/ipchains/

iptables
        http://www.netfilter.org
        http://www.linuxguruz.org/iptables/howto/iptables-HOWTO.html

I hope this helps at least a little, and if not i appologize.

Thanks,
Ryan Yagatich  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Pantek, Incorporated
 (877) LINUX-FIX - (440) 519-1802