Hi!

Am Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 04:01:20PM -0700, Steve Wampler schrieb:
> I'm trying to build a CD that has all the binaries and libraries
> needed to run chkrootkit on it (so I can be more confident that
> I'm running good binaries when checking possibly compromized
> systems...).

It's not exactly what you asked for, but it should give you
another solution for the situation in general:

Have a look the (Debian based) Knoppix Linux Live On CD. It has
chkrootkit included and you have a bunch of other standard or useful
linux tools (about 1.7 GB on one CD) and a very impressive automagical
hardware detection, so you don't have to rely on any file on the
possibly compromised system. It also includes everything you need to
make a backup copy of the compromised system for documentation.

See http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html for details and
download.

HTH

            Kind regards, Axel Beckert
Axel Beckert      ecos electronic communication services gmbh

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 926530
WWW:        http://www.ecos.de/     Fax:      +49 6133 925152